Saturday, May 4, 2013

Inner Purpose is Primary

"Your life has an inner purpose and an outer purpose. Inner purpose concerns Being and is primary. Outer purpose concerns doing and is secondary. The true or primary purpose of your life cannot be found on the outer level. It does not concern what you do but what you are- this is to say, your state of consciousness."

                                                             -Eckhart Tolle




Even though wise friends continuously remind me that my inner purpose is primary and my outer purpose is secondary it is still hard to remember. We live in a world where the belief is that the outer purpose is primary and the inner purpose is only thought about when we have time, which usually turns out to be not very often, if ever.

What I have learned in the past years is that if you do not work on your state of consciousness you will continue to recreate unwanted things from your past. Even if you move, change jobs, change boyfriends,etc.

Some people have a hard time believing that we are cocreators with God because they do not get what they want. When I first learned about the Law of Attraction I was excited because it gave me back some power. The only thing was that in the beginning I had not realized that the most important step before trying to cocreate is being aware of your state of consciousness.

This is the reason I continued to recreate unwanted things repeatedly. While action is important on the Earth plane, your inner consciousness should be considered first. The clue that your consciousness has shifted is that you begin to attract good circumstances, people and things.

For me the most rewarding thing I have attracted is my like minded friends. They have brought me immense joy and comfort. Prior to meeting them I felt isolated and different. Not "unique" different but weird... an outcast. When I am with my friends I feel as though I am in a dream because we talk about things I have never been able to talk about with anybody else. However, I would not have attracted them if I had not changed my state of cosciousness first.

I was told by my new friend and author, Bill, that many people can change lives just by their presence. They do not have to have special titles or education. I use to think that you had to be some kind of guru or master to help others. But when I am in the company of my spiritual friends I see that it is not so. Just being in their presence makes me feel better. But that's because their continous state of consciousness is mostly Love or Above (Please see my articles Power VS. Force 10/30/12 for more information).

"Action, although necessary, is only a secondary factor in manifesting our external reality. The primary factor in creation is consciousness. No matter how active we are, how much effort we make, our state of cosciousness creates our world, and if there is no change on that inner level, no amount of action will make a difference. We would re-create modified versions of the same world again and again, a world that is an external reflection of the ego."

                                                                   -Eckhart Tolle

No comments:

Post a Comment