Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Watch Out For Your Ego

Dear ego,

You are hereby given notice that we have a new leader. You are welcome to stay on as a silent partner. I (my Sacred Self) am taking over my life and my career. I have brought in the number one consultant in the universe, God. God and I will confer on the restructuring of my life and my career. You will no longer have a voice in any of my decisions. I have no bad feelings towards you, but it is not in my best interest or those in my life to allow you to influence my decisions.


The above letter to the ego was written by Shirley Ross Korber and I found it in Dr. Wayne Dyer's book, Wisdom of The Ages. I wanted to share it here because reflecting on the words regularly may come in handy to you as they have for me. They have served me as a reminder to ask myself, "Who I am I listening to?" While the ego is not completely bad there are many times in which you really should consult with your "Sacred Self " and God prior to making decisions.

When we allow our ego to be the master of our lives, we end up making many of the same mistakes repeatedly. Below is a list of signs that you may be allowing you ego to run a muck.



  • You keep dating the same type of low frequency people who have serious character flaws.
  • When you meet the opposite sex you only want to continue dating that person if he/she meets your superficial requirements. Such as appearance, body type, ethnicity, financial wealth, career status, power, material possessions, etc.
  • You pursue careers or jobs for the money, status, title, prestige, or power instead of the reason that you were put in this planet for.
  • You spend your life comparing yourself to others and competing with siblings, family, friends, co-workers and neighbors.
  • You either think you are better than others which makes you arrogant, selfish, conceited and annoying. Or you think you are less worthy than others. Either way you base your value on externals which in reality do not determine your true worth. No matter what outside appearances look like, no one is better than anyone else.
  • You tend to choose people solely for their looks and ignore the fact that you do not connect mentally, emotionally nor spiritually. You also have nothing in common and you do not pay attention to red flags telling you that she/he has serious character flaws.
  • You tend to fall for empty words and promises. You ignore the fact that your most important needs are not being met. You get caught up in the fantasy instead of paying attention to who the person really is and how she/he is treating you.
  • You let the media, magazines and books determine whether you are beautiful or not and you go through extremes to match up to the false image even if it endangers your health and well being. If it is impossible to meet the ridiculous requirements of others no matter what you do, you feel unattractive and less than other more "attractive" people.

In order to live a happy and fulfilling life ,you have to put your ego on check and consult with your Sacred Self and God instead. When you do this you finally realize how much time was wasted on things that do not matter and start having more energy for the things that do.



No comments:

Post a Comment