Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mistakes Are Part Of Life

Why fear failure? Every mistake imparts gifts and lessons, each lesson leads to wisdom, and every failure to new achievement. Failures and mistakes are the rungs on the ladder to your potential. If you never fail, you haven't picked grand enough goals.

-Dan Millman, author of Peaceful Warrior


We have all made many mistakes and we are all doing the best we could with the awareness, knowledge and wisdom we have at the present time. Sometimes when I remember some of my past mistakes I cringe. Thinking that if I just would have known then what I know now.

One of the reasons I am so passionate about my work is that I get to help people and prevent them from wasting years making the same mistakes that I have made.

I am proactive with life challenges now. Instead of putting blame on other people or circumstances, I first figure out what I am doing or not doing. I have also gone through tremendous growth and healing within a short time just by learning from the mistakes other people make.

Mistakes are bound to happen sometimes no matter how hard we work on preventing them. It's part of life. Dan Millman says that this is how we sometimes best learn lessons. The important thing is that we do learn from them and not repeat them again and again.

Some people prefer to stay stuck in unhealthy patterns than putting in the effort to change. They know that something is obviously not working for them, yet they continue doing the same thing over and over.

I use to worry tremendously about the people who were repeating destructive patterns. I really wanted to help. But one of the lessons that I have learned is that you can not help anyone who is not willing to do what it is required in order to change. When they are ready, they will receive the help they need in order to do so. But until then it is wasted time and energy to try to convince them to do something different. Which is time and energy that could be used towards those who truly need it and desire it.



Some of us do the same thing over and over and expect different results. Intelligence allows for making new mistakes and learning from them, instead of repeating the old ones. The more we learn, the more adaptable we become and the fewer mistakes we repeat. Learning requires change; change involves losing face;losing face means dying to the old;dying old gives birth to the new. Nothing really changes until we do. - Dan Millman

No comments:

Post a Comment