Saturday, January 5, 2013

Emotions and The Law of Attraction


"Gratitude also includes respect for what the ego would call 'bad news,' the challenging circumstances that come into our life to wake us up. Individuals who are unaware of the sacredness of all expressions of existence live their lives against a backdrop of complaining, self-pity, and excuses. They are busy directing their energy toward changing the things and people around them, rather than themselves."

-Michael Bernard Beckwith


We are human beings so we will have emotions and sometimes "negative"emotions. For people who have learned about the Law of Attraction, it could be very frightening because they know that the more they feel negative emotions the more circumstances, people, and things they will attract which will resonate with those emotions. This is a fact whether you know about the Law of Attraction or you don't.

You are fortunate in that you do know about the Law of Attraction because those who don't tend to put their focus out there. They blame other people and circumstances for what is going on in their life when really they can change what is going around them by shifting their energy. But instead they get stuck rehashing the negative things that are going on in their lives which prevents any positive changes from happening.

However, those who do know about the Law of Attraction sometimes worry that their emotions are preventing them from getting what they want. This worry actually makes things worse. Worry only brings you more things to worry about. I have found a few ways to release my negative emotions when they come up. I shared a couple in other articles and will share more methods in the future. But it is also important to learn how to protect your good emotions. Here are a couple of ways to do so.


Gratitude:
I have learned to be grateful for all my circumstances, the good and the bad. It could be difficult to be grateful for an unwanted circumstance, but life has taught me that everything I had labeled "bad" has brought me at least one gift. At the time I did not see the gift(s) ofcourse. But once I focused on being grateful my negative emotions were released and then my circumstances shifted. Then, months, weeks, and sometimes just a few days later, I would recognize the gift(s) brought to me from the bad circumstance.


Stay Away From Energy Drainers:
In the past I did not realize that spending time with energy drainers affected me. But now that I am more aware of my emotions/energy, it is hard not to notice. I am hoping that there will come a time when my good energy will uplift others no matter how bad their energy is. But since I am not there yet, I am very selective as to who I spend my time with. This is important when it comes to emotions, because if you surround yourself with negative people whether you are aware of it or not, you pick up their energy. This is called Phase Entanglement.

Basically when you come in contact with someone, you take some of their energy and you give them some of yours. Feelings of stress, anger, criticism, sadness, jealousy are low energy emotions which repel your desires. What was happening to me was that since there were so many low energy people in my life, I was giving them my good energy and they were giving me their yucky energy. Then when I'd get home I'd feel sick or feel like I wanted to take a nap. And ofcourse, I would not be in an emotional place in which I could attract my desires. Instead I was keeping them away from me.


I am not saying to be terrified to talk to people or be around people. This will only make matters worse. I am just advising that you be more selective as to who you spend time with. I undertand that this could be difficult to do in a world full of negative people. In the future, I will write an article on how you could protect yourself from energy drainers. For now, just practice awareness. Limit your time spent with those who make you feel depleted.

We affect each others emotions whether we are aware or not. Imagine what the world would be like if we all took responsibility for how we were feeling, instead of dumping our ugly energy onto others. If each of us cleaned up our own energy we'd be manifesting good things for ourselves. But also our good energy would be affecting those around us so that they too could manifest good things for themselves. If we all did this, we'd change our life for the better, but also we could change the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment