Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Gratitude and The Law of Attraction

"The more gratefully we fix our minds to the Supreme when good things come to us, the more good things we will receive; and the more rapidly they will come; and the reason simply is that that the mental attitude of gratitude  draws the mind into closer touch with the source from which blessings come. " - Wallace D. Wattles, author of The Science of Getting Rich


Feeling gratitude is not very easy to accomplish when things are not going so good for us. Yet it is most necessary to shift things around.  Feeling appreciation for the little things that we do have brings us more of the same. You might think that you do not have much to be grateful for. And I admit that there have been times that I thought the same. But when I see others who have much less such as  the people in the movie Machine Gun Preacher, based on a true story, I realize how we truly have a lot to be grateful for in this country.

Even the poorest among us do not have to worry about our children being blasted by a bomb as they casually walk across a field.  Nor do we need to be concerned that the military will kill us and kidnap our children to do unimaginable things to them. I wont go on and on about the movie, but if you are feeling that your life is lousy watch the movie which will get you to realize just how blessed you really are. Hundreds of children are orphanned because of the evil that goes on in that country.

In our country there are people like the author of The Happiness Project who is not only wealthy but also has the most perfect life which she even admits to having. Yet she says that she could be happier. I would say to someone like her that she take a look at how other people live even in our own country and perhaps she could show some gratitude for the perfect life she was given. Also, instead of wallowing about how much happier she could be, she should help others who are not as fortunate as she and I guarantee that it will make her feel happier. You will see similar people like the author of The Happiness Project in the movie Machine Gun Preacher who live with immense wealth and most extravangantly yet claim they can not afford to spare money to help those who have real need. And I am not talking about massive amounts of money here. It's money that many of them make in an hour or two. Also money that they spend on a daily basis on things they really do not need and will sit in their closets for months even years without being used.


For those of you who are not so fortunate to be drowning in riches or have difficulty attracting good things to you the key to change things may be learning to feel appreciation for what you do have. The more we focus on lack the more of it we get. But if we focus on things that make us feel appreciation we get more to be grateful for.

When I am feeling gloomy, which if you know anything about the Law of Attraction is very repelling to attract positive things, I think about at least twenty things a day to be grateful for. Sometimes when I can't think of anything else I add things to my list that we normally do not appreciate. Such as having running water, clean water to drink, food in my kitchen, clothes on my back, a healthy child, a bed to sleep on, a home to shelter me, and many other things that we usually take for granted.


I normally see results right away when I practice gratitude. But even if I don't see physical results I experience a feeling of well being and happiness which as you know are very powerful feelings needed to attract positive things. So even if I do not get what I want instantly I know that it is coming soon because I am in a positive feeling place.


You do not have to take my word for it. Experiment with gratitude yourself. When I come across a new idea or method of doing things I don't just believe that it works. I try out myself first. But I do at  least try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment