Friday, August 17, 2012

Self-Esteem and The Law of Attraction


Self-Esteem is not given much importance to most people. I could tell by the reaction I get when someone wants me to elaborate on what I coach on and I mention that one of the things I do is help people improve their self-esteem. I also did not give self-esteem much significance a few years back. Mainly because I confused it with conceit.

Let me explain the difference. Conceit is when the basis of your worth is on externals. Such as what job, money, relationship and lifestyle you have. Or how much you weigh, your appearance or what your romantic partner looks like. Your children and what they do could also be used as a measure of your worth. You also spend your time bragging about your accomplishments or on what you have.

I am sure that many of you know people like this. I sure do. They are completely annoying.  Unfortunately one of my siblings is married to one of these people. The reason that people are conceited is that deep down they  know that they really do not have any substance. So they need to create an illusion of how perfect they are so that others will think highly of  them. Some people who are also shallow do believe the illusion and lies. But those who are more real want to just say, "Shut up already!"

In her book Celebrate Yourself, Dorothy Corkille Briggs wrote, "If you live in quiet, deep gladness about your person, you don't need outer trappings or constant strokes to reassure yourself that you are okay...Conceit only masks lack of true self-love."


When you have a positive self-esteem you do not have to prove your worth to anyone. Therefore, there is no need for bragging. You know that your true value has nothing to do with externals. You recognize that you do have shortcomings, but you mainly focus on your magnificence. Ironically you accomplish things more easily and joyfully than those people who are conceited. The reason for this is that your spirit is driving you to pursue goals. Conceited people disregard the spirit and listen only to the ego. When you pursue only ego based goals there is no life in what you do. You may have the externals and accomplish much, but inside you are still an empty shell.

Also, people with high self-esteem are very giving. However, they do not give if their own cup is empty.  But since their cup is usually not only full but overflowing, they are regular givers. Conceited people do not care about giving. They just want more stuff and more money for ego centered reasons and to prove to others how much better they are. They hold on tight to everything. Because they were able to beat the Joneses they are arrogant. Pay attention next time you are with someone conceited and notice how they try to make you feel as though they are superior to you. Some of these people do not hesitate to let you know that they believe you are inferior to them.

So now you know the difference between healthy self-eteem and being conceited. Let's get to why good self-esteem is important when it comes to the law of attraction.

  1. When you have a healthy self-esteem your energy is magnetic to healthy romantic partners.  For example, you may not be perfect externally, but you draw to you wonderful and even attractive romantic partners. I know many women who are definitely not attractive by mainstream standards, but who have attracted the most wonderful husbands. In fact, many women who are considered attractive in our society would do anything to get someone to treat them half as good as their homely married sisters.
  2. You attract the best jobs. While employers may not exactly be able to pinpoint why they like you more over a more qualified and experienced person, they hire you anyway. There is a certain magic that people with good self-esteem have which other people, including employers, just want to be around.
  3. Not only do people magnetize towards you, but also good things and experiences. I believe that the reason for this is that when you feel good about you, your energy is open to receiving. When you do not feel good about you, your energy is extremely repelling and blocks all positive things and experiences from coming to you.

To learn more about how positive self-esteem is so attractive or if you need help with improving your self-esteem, please contact me on Facebook. I could also be reached at carbajalzulma@gmail.com


Also, in a few months I will be having a teleseminar and I am currently preparing the details of what will be discussed. I would like you to share with me under the comments section below what particular subject you'd like me to talk about. I want to make sure that I cover topics that are important to you. The teleseminar will be free to all of my clients and blog viewers. If you'd like to know more please email me.


No comments:

Post a Comment