Friday, August 10, 2012

Simple Prosperity 4

"When we follow our intuitive sense of  what's true and right for us, and we genuinely feel energy for, we always seem to have enough money to be, do, and have the things we truly need and want. I have seen this over and over again in my own life and in the lives of others I know. When we follow the flow of our energy, the universe always seems to support us financially, sometimes in very surprising and unexpected ways."-Shakti Gawain

I know that one of the biggest focus on people's mind is, "How do I make more money?" Even when they have plenty of it already. Usually the reason for this is that the person has childhood issues they have not resolved. For instance, it could be that the person was made to feel worthless as a child and in order to prove their worth he/she never stops wanting to achieve more.

Other times a person might have lived in poverty as a child. No matter how much money they make as adults, they feel poor or are afraid that they will lose some and be poor so they work extra hard to make more.

There are many other reasons people have a wrong perception of what money could do. In my article Simple Prosperity 3 I mention how many successful and rich people discovered that money did not bring them the happiness, security and feeling of self worth they were aiming for when they pursued their riches and fame.

This is not to say people should not try to improve their lives financially. I just believe that people need to be more realistic and know the truth of what money could bring them. Also a more holistic approach needs to be considered when the goal is to make more money.


From what a learned about money is that not everyone is meant to be rich. Ofcourse if you have a passion like Donald Trump to be making huge deals, then that's great. But there are others who do not necessarily like doing what they do, they just want the money. Some get involved in multiple get rich quick schemes instead of pursuing something worthwhile.

Being truly successful means not sacrificing your heart and soul in order to make more money. We have to follow our intuition as best as possible to know what is right for us. Our intuition will guide us towards work that is rewarding on all levels. We are all here to learn certain lessons in life. If we listen closely to our intuition we will be led to situations which are ideal for those lessons to be learned.

Many of the times we are led towards healing. In the article I wrote for www.first30days.com I mentioned how my job loss gave me the opportunity to heal. I strongly believe that at a soul level the situation was created so that I would have the time and space to heal many areas of my life. I know this must be true because somehow the money came whenever I felt in my gut that I needed something which would help my healing further. I was also bombarded with free things which led to a quantum shift in my energy and in the way I viewed life.

Prior to this my life was dull, felt very hard, and it lacked joy. I was focused on externals such as money and other material things. I disliked what I did for a living. I did it for almost twenty years.When I tried to change careers, that did not work out either. So it added one more reason to feel joyless.

But things are different now. I could do my work every day for long hours and still feel like doing more. In fact, I have to remind myself not ignore my self-care. I get so engrossed in my work I forget the needs of the body. I am working on this though. But most importantly I am content. I feel a sense of well being and inner peace that I never had before and which money never brought me. This is usually an every day thing even when things do not turn out as planned. I also have days when I feel immense joy and nothing external has a thing to do about it.


If you'd like to experience more happiness or joy in your life no matter how much money you make or don't make, please contact me on Facebook or carbajalzulma@gmail.com.


"Here's another thing I've noticed:When we are committed to our personal growth and we feel we need something for our learning and healing process, if it is truly right fo us, the money will be there to do it. Many people have recounted stories to me of how an unexpected check suddenly arrived in the mail the day before a workshop they wanted to take. My feeling is that if something is right for us, the money will be there to pay for it. If the money isn't there, it may not be right for us, at least not at that time."-Shakti Gawain






No comments:

Post a Comment