Monday, September 17, 2012

Spiritual Beings Having a Physical Experience

"We are not physical beings having a spiritual experience, rather, we are spiritual beings having a physical experience." - Teilhard de Chardin

I have come to a point in my life where I started to see every experience as something to learn from. In my twenties and early thirties my life revolved on externals. I tried hard to achieve and be somebody. I was chasing after things and people because I believed they would bring me happiness. However, chasing after externals that where not aligned with my spirit only brought be unhappiness.I was not aware of it though.

I kept doing what everyone else was doing. I did not know any better until the rug was pulled out from under me and I was forced to see what I was doing and why. When I got to the point where I had nothing external I finally had the opportunity to be with myself and discover what brings me real joy. Part of it is being of service to others, sharing my knowledge and wisdom.

The other part is that I stopped seeing life circumstances as good or bad. I began seeing them as a lesson or a course in Earth school. Instead of being a victim I saw things as the next challenge my spirit was ready for. Everything then had a new meaning and an opportunity for growth.

This does not mean that my life is easy. But it is definitely more meaningful and joyful. I see other people as fellow students in Earth school. Just as I loved to assist my classmates in college when a lesson was difficult, I love to assist Earth school students. I also seek out help from other Earth students who are more knowlegeable and wiser in the areas I still struggle with. I believe that this is a big part of the reason why we are here. Learn our most challenging lessons and once we heal and master them, we teach others to do the same.

It has become so much easier to remember now that I am "a spiritual being having a spiritual experience" rather than physical being with occasional spiritual experiences. Even when having nothing at all, this realization has brought me so much joy that money, titles, relationships, never brought me. Just knowing that I am so much more than my physical body or what I have, or don't have, has made my life so rich and fulfilling.


Namaste (Translation: "The Divine in me recognizes the Divine in you.")

No comments:

Post a Comment