Saturday, September 29, 2012

Romantic Relationship Lessons

I spent many years thinking that I had bad luck when it came to relationships. Upon reflection, I have realized that a big part of the reason I believed this was because my mother would tell me frequently that I had the same luck she had with men. I do not blame my mother, she did not know any better.

What I finally discovered was that attracting dysfunctional or unhealthy people had nothing to do with luck, but many other factors. I am glad I understand this now because prior to knowing this I had a feeling of hopelessness and spent years of my life with a closed heart and not dating at all. I made the excuse that I was too busy to date. But in reality, I was avoiding finding out what was going on in the inside.  If you have negative results when it comes to relationships see if any of the following applies to you.

  • You will attract people with the same spiritual, psychological, physiological, and emotional resonance.
  • You carry in your system certain tendencies from childhood and you will attract people who will make you relive scenarios from your first family. We do not usually do it consciously. Example, you may be attracted to someone and that person may seem perfect at first, but after some time of dating you find out he is not emotionally available just like your father.
  • Life is a classroom and there are people that come into our lives because they will teach us what we have to learn. If we do not get the lesson the first time, the same type of person will come into our life until we do.
  • Sometimes people come into our lives because there is something we are meant to do with that person. Such as have a child together. Or maybe build a business.
  • Relationships are meant for healing and growth. Once you have grown and healed as much as you could in the relationship, it will then deteriorate. But until then, you will have a need to be together.
  • Your beliefs, thoughts, and attitudes attract a certain type of person into your life.
  • If you self-esteem and self-love is not healthy you will attract people that will make you feel worse.
  • Certain relationships are stepping stones to "the one". The person you are meant to be with has his share of stepping stones. You will meet once you are both ready.
You may now know what areas you need to work on in order to attract true love. If you don't do the work, you will  keep repeating the same romantic scenarios over and over. Remember it has nothing to do with luck. It has to do with attracting into your life someone who resonates with who you really are in the inside. You can't fool the Law of Attraction.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem

No comments:

Post a Comment