Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Following Your Dreams


Every time you suppress some parts of yourself or allow others to play you small, you are in essence ignoring the owners manual of your creator and destroying your design. - Oprah Winfrey


It took me many years to understand that material things will never make me happy. At least not long term. Neither would diplomas, credentials and titles. What I have found that keeps me happy (even on the worse days) is following my dreams. Being of service to others has made my life more fulfilling and joyful. Sometimes I am so excited to get to work that I jump out of bed at 5:00 a.m. full of energy. I even want to work weekends.

I believe that most of us want our lives to have meaning. To make a difference in someone else's life. But people get so stuck on the day to day stuff that they do not pursue their dreams. They don't seek help from others either for direction.

I am going to encourage you to follow your dreams and not to let things get in the way of them. Instead of using the Law of Attraction to accumulate more stuff, I suggest you use it to get you closer to your calling. When you pursue something that has meaning to you, all other areas in your life are enhanced. You get along better with family. You are even friendlier with strangers. Your health improves. You meet like minded people. You are also so sparkly that people are instantaneously attracted towards you.

It's interesting that now work seems more like playtime. Even to go to parties I am reluctant to leave my work, that is how much I love it.

You may have success in life, but then ....what kind of life was it? You've never done the thing you wanted to do in all your life. ..go where your body and soul want to go. When you have the feeling, then stay with it, and don't let anyone throw you off.
                                                                                                
                                          - Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth


If you follow your bliss, you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. Wherever you are- if you are following your bliss, you are enjoying that refreshment, that life within you, all the time.


                                           -Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth



Money is not required to buy one necessity of the soul.
                         
                                               -Henry David Thoreau


The best things in life aren't things.
                                              
                                                -Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment