Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Game of Life


"When you see a picture in your mind's eye on something that you do not choose as part of your reality, don't give it a second look. Picture something else."

                                        -Neale Donald Walsch


The reason many people have a hard time getting unstuck is because they keep thinking the same way and doing things like they have always done them, yet they are expecting different results. I am guilty of doing this myself in several areas of my life. Not until I became aware of what I was doing and began to consciously choose better thoughts and taking aware action towards by desires did things begin to change for the better.

 Change does not come easy for most people. There is a lot of fear and doubt involved even for those  who are usually very confident in themselves. It is scary to face the unknown. But think about the alternative. Living a life with no meaning and very little joy. So as challenging as change could be I do what it takes to make it happen because staying in my comfort zone was dull, depressing, boring, lonely and in the long run more painful than going for what I wanted.

There are two things that I do daily so I do not revert back to old patterns, behaviors, reactions and actions that no longer serve me and are sabotaging my success efforts. I will share them with you.


Monitor Your Thoughts
Most people are not very conscious of what they are thinking. Even those of us who practice awareness regularly can't keep track of every single thought. However, your emotions will alert you if what you are thinking is a negative thought. Pay attention to those emotions instead of suppressing them with workaholism, busyness, food, alcohol or drugs.

If you are not very much in touch with your emotions, which many people aren't for various reasons that I will not get into here, begin monitoring your thoughts by writing for thirty minutes a day. Just write whatever comes to mind. Then by the end of the week review what you wrote.  Highlight the thoughts that keep coming up daily. Make a mental note that these thoughts are what are creating your life.

I stumbled upon this process by accident a few years ago when I was packing things in order to get ready to move. I found old journals and was looking through them trying to decide if I should just shred them instead of finding another box to pack them. I noticed that every day I wrote the same thing, "I am tired of struggling. Life is such a struggle for me. No matter how hard I work, things are getting worse."  This became a self-fulfilling prophecy because indeed things did get worse, much worse. I lost my job and the consequence was that I lost my home as well. I "worked hard" to find work,  but still things got much worse and I was certainly struggling more than I had ever done before in my life.

I'd like to say that I undestood that my thoughts were creating these negative situations, but while I knew about the Law of Attraction, I had my focus on what others were doing to me. I was so stuck on the victim mode and blaming those who I believed were responsible for my situation that I was not making any effort to use my thoughts more wisely.

Until finally it hit me. By that time my life was so bad it was hard to think of anything good. But I began to learn how to release bad thoughts and to replace them with better feeling thoughts. Little by little things started shifting for me. I am sitll working on improving several areas of my life, but life no longer seems like such a struggle and I have gotten good at choosing a better thought when a negative thought pops up from time to time.


Take Aware Action
Society teaches people to work hard and that is how you will get what you want. Keep in mind that those in charge are the ones who preach this in order to keep other people in their place. They do not want competition so they are not going to tell you that the secret to winning the game of life is not necessarily working hard, but taking aware action.

I will give you an example of what I mean by aware action. When I lost my job I spent weeks job searching from 7:00a.m. to 1:00a.m. I was advised by a Human Resources Manager that if I wanted to get a job within a few months I needed to at least send out five hundred resumes a week. I believed her so I worked my butt off to send those resumes out. 

By sending out resumes this way, I was only producing such negative energy which was actually repelling a job. I finally got sick and was no longer able to spend so many hours on job searching.  When I healed, I decreased the time alloted for job searching, but I was still working much harder looking for a job than when I had a job. That is saying a lot because I've worked in many high paced and stressful environments. I finally did get a job, but because of the negative energy I had produced while job searching I attracted a job with the same energy resonance. This job was excessively stressful and the employees were worked ruthlessly hard that I ended up having to quit after only a couple of weeks.

My blood pressure was extremely high, I had headaches, chest pain, back aches and TMJ while I was working at this job. I had to quit because I felt I was having a heart attack every time I went to work. Family and friends thought I was exaggerating and just being a big baby. But when I went to see a doctor he confirmed that my blood pressure was  extremely high and he was amazed that I had not had a full blown heart attack already.

I realized that if I continued working in this environment I would probably drop dead within a few weeks. I thought about the possibility of leaving my son behind and what would happen to him. While I still had no clue what I was going to do for money, I knew that my health was more important. I also finally understood why it was crucial to pay attention to the energy your actions are producing. If you really want something you will attract it, but only with the energy resonance that you have produced by your thoughts, emotions and actions.

If you would like more information on how you can practice aware action and more tips on "The Game of Life", please contact me at carbajalzulma@gmail.com



"You will make real what you believe is real. Life was never meant to be a struggle, and doesn't have to be, now or ever."  - Neale Donald Walsch

The human race has no chance to lift itself  from its own lowest thoughts until you lift yourself to your highest ideas." - Neale Donald Walsch

No comments:

Post a Comment